Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I'm Gonna Tattle Your Tail!"

The other day on the way home from school, I had to have a conversation with Nathan about tattle-telling. I had volunteered in his preschool classroom that day and had observed him telling his teacher on Ella because she didn't have her legs crossed during story time. It's something I'm very familiar with. As a child I couldn't stand it when I followed all the rules while the other kids broke them with no consequences, so I did a lot of tattle-telling myself. I'm sure that I drove my teachers, parents, aunts and grandparents crazy.

Well yesterday our dog Skye went running through the house barking and Nathan went running after her yelling "Skye, come back here, I'm gonna tattle your tail!"

It was one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Hours later I'm still laughing when I think about it, so I hope it provides all of you with a little chuckle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the craziest things come out of kids mouths. that cracks me up, too. Hope Tater's feeling better

Erica said...

That's so cute! I laugh!!!